Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blessings

I've always known that I am so blessed in my life, but recently I've just been realizing how much awesome stuff God's been doing in my life.

I'm so thankful to have been able to leave for a month to serve God with every waking second there. It was awesome to feel what it was like to be surrounded by Christ-loving people for 4 weeks straight. I now know that I don't need to lower my standards at all and that people out there feel the same way I do. I made friends that I will never forget and I have so much love for the family I made there!

Coming home from a completely Jesus-centered environment back into our messed up culture has been really hard on me. It's almost like I'm experiencing culture shock? Thankfully, God had blessed me with AMAZING friends to get me through it. Recently I have been becoming closer with people that I feel I can completely relate. Not just "relate to" in our shallow society's way of relating by hating, but relating on a deeper level of things that really matter. Talking with someone about deeper questions about life and God and finding compatibility in our views is so awesome.


A lot of people are talking to me about leaving for a month and about how loooong that is, but reallly, a month isn't even that long. Plus, I came home with an experience I'll never forget and friends that will be in my life for eternity, and nothing at home changed.

Just some thoughts.

Also, I love television.


PEAce sucka freeeee sundaeeeeeee

No comments: