Monday, October 6, 2008

Crazy on the Outside, Confident on the Inside

My little sister wrote a short essay about me. I love her. I love her writing. Here it is !

"Her bright vivid clothing is what first draws your attention. Kelsey Waldron, my older sister, is a sight to see. But she’s more than wild clothing and funny hair. Once you get to know her you see amazing qualities and understand how she can be so flamboyant in her outward style. Her hair is cut short, like a boy, usually gelled into some odd position. If you get close enough you can see a golden band of color across the middle of her brown hair. Her glasses are odd, but seem normal when compared to the rest of her. Her clothes are beyond description, because every outfit has a different look. Yet, mysteriously, it’s always a unique “Kelsey look”. She has scarves of every color and texture, her shoes are every shade of the rainbow and every pattern that has been drawn. Kelsey’s closet could be confused with a thrift store or a designer gallery. If you judged this book by the cover, you might get the wrong impression.
On the inside, Kelsey loves life and God. She’s so pre-occupied with serving others she barely has time to sleep. She doesn’t just attend church; she’s part of the leadership for the junior high group. Between activities, you will find her planning upcoming events, even planning talks on how God can touch their lives.

Kelsey gets her confidence from God. Each morning she stares into her mirror that has this message written in old pink lipstick across the top, “The King is enthralled by your beauty”. It’s not that she’s vain; she just likes to be reminded that she’s perfect in God’s eyes. Her confidence grows by sharing this with other people.
This crazy girl, with the looks of a gypsy, I am proud to say is my sister, role-model and friend."




I'm unbelievably happy I've made my family more of a priority than I've made it in the past. Of all the people I should be showing Christ, they should be number one.


I love this song:

Heal my heart and make it free

Open up my eyes to the things unseen

Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

No comments: