Wednesday, March 11, 2009

pow/wow

Travis took that picture of me on the beach with his fish eye. It was a good day.

It's funny how some people you see every day and never notice them or speak to them, and others you get up the guts to talk to and they end up being in your life forever. It makes me want to talk to everyone.

Recently I've been really depressed, but not in a worldly depressed way. I am still full of so much joy, but joy and feelings of depression can happen at the same time sometimes. It's weird how that can happen. I'm not sad because of myself or because of anything I can really control at all; I'm depressed because we live in a sad world. Our world has blown so many things out of proportion and has made so many things "okay." Every day I am surrounded by so much negative energy and that makes me so sad!!!!!! I want everyone to be happy and positive!! That's something completely out of my control and that makes me depressed. All I can do is pray about these things. One thing God has really been teaching me lately is that prayer works, it REALLY works!!! He's also been teaching me that I am so foolish. Does the realization of this foolishness make me wiser? I do not know. I'll just pray.

I pray that I can be a positive light. I pray that my amazing friends be encouraged. I pray for my cousin as she makes difficult decisions. I pray for you reading this that you will pray too. I pray that we can learn to ask God what to pray for, because God will not say yes to prayers that do not further His Kingdom. I pray for wisdom for me, for you, for Obama, for my wonderful friends.

Today I had a chance to look back on how I used to live my life as I had good talks with a good friend. I am so thankful for how God is transforming me and using me after the sin my life was stuck in and is still struggling with.

Psalms 43:5
Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!

No comments: