Sunday, January 25, 2009

grow

I keep this blog for me, almost as a journal really. Just somewhere to put all my thoughts. Something to keep track of how far I've come and how much I've changed. I like doing it on the internet though, just in case someone reads something and it sparks their own epiphany.

Alone time with God and with your own mind is so important. The past few years I was so drained all the time. Every second of my time I was busy doing something or thinking about things that needed to be done. When I look back on last year, I realize how much I learned about myself. I learned the value of time spent alone and the value of being together with just God and me.

This weekend has been amazing and eye opening. I am so excited for life and for where God is leading me. It's not always easy doing the things that God wants me to do. I feel called away from here and out into the world. It's scary because I'm just a little girl, but I can't be scared of anything with God's strength within me. I feel called to know people and to love people. In a few years, I can see myself doing God's work everywhere. God has blessed me with a family who encourages me and inspires me. Europe, here I come.

I am so excited to be out in the world doing these things, but I know that I have so much more to learn and so much growing I need to do before then. I've grown in so many ways in 6 months, imagine in 2 or 3 years. I can't wait to look back on these words and these thoughts then. Let's grow together. Let's become who we're meant to be.

No comments: