Monday, December 15, 2008

Everyone has things that they struggle with. Sometimes it's just easier to concentrate on the good in yourself and ignore the bad, while focusing on all the bad in other people. Just because you're better than someone in one aspect doesn't mean you're better than them in other ways. It's easier to point out bad things in other people than it is to point them out in yourself.

I'm working on living a more simple life and spending less money on things that I don't need or have another way of getting. For example, I don't need to go out to eat as often as I do. I don't need a new shirt every few weeks, or at all. Some people live with one outfit for years. Am I so self-conscious that I won't let myself wear the same thing more than once? omg, outfit repeater!

Some of these things I would have never thought about if they weren't brought to my attention. Having a car places my family in the top 5% wealthiest in the world. You probably aren't that far off if you're reading this in the comfort of your own home with your computer with internet access. We take all of this for granted and that sucks. All we want is more and more; The greed never ends. You've probably heard all this before. Nothing I'm saying is new to you. How come I've said these things a million times before and I've heard them said to me a million more, but I still continue to be the selfish person that I have always been. Maybe habit. Maybe it's just easier to follow the crowd. The real crowd, though, isn't as blessed as I am. Top 5% remember? I want to live like that. I don't need all these things. My Christmas list was getting way out of hand. Want to get me a present? The most memorable gift I have ever been given was by my amazing friend Tommy. He sponsored a girl in my name through world vision. That was the best gift ever and I will never forget it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are a beautiful and inspiring person. i admire you.