Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Calm

Being in Wisconsin has been so nice. I love being here. Sipping my mint tea and watching the snow fall as the sun goes down is calming.

http://www.myspace.com/januandthewhalesharks are calming also.

I'm so glad to be out of Orange County. It's so easy to get caught up in everything and not even notice. Small towns make it easy to take a step out of line to look at your life. My friends in Wisconsin are some of the greatest people I've ever known. I'm so lucky to be here with them right now.

Hahaha Delaney and Megan just ran from the sauna, through the house and into the snow in their bikinis. Wisconsin fun at its finest, everyone. I might join them before our Monopoly Madness night begins.


Last night we watched Shawshank Redemption. Every time I see that movie I find something even more amazing about it.

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."

For some reason that was what stuck out to me last night.


I'm not sure how excited I am to go home yet, but I am excited for 2009. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, but set our sights higher than ever. This is the prime of our lives. Let's get even more than we're supposed to out of it.

1 comment:

Sarynelli said...

i love YOU kelso. i hope you have an amazing year, and hopefully we'll see each other this year! <3