Saturday, May 16, 2009

anger problems?

Found this on a website:

"A Parallel
If I get a splinter in my finger, my body reliably tells me about
it. Only by knowing about it will I know to get some tweezers
and remove it.

When I remove the splinter, my body gives a sigh of relief, as if
to say, "Thanks, I needed that."

While the splinter is still in my finger, that spot is very tender
and easily hurt. But once the splinter is removed, then healing
can occur. When healed, my finger no longer over-reacts to
being touched (or poked).

The Root Cause Of Your Anger
In a similar way, there is some wound inside you that causes
you to spontaneously, emotionally, react when someone
pokes you with a sharp stick.


In other words, the painful, angry reaction is proof that a
"splinter" exists,

Angry outbursts are God's way of saying, "There is a
splinter here that needs to be removed."

After the "splinter" is removed and the wound heals,
there will be less and less outbursts of anger, and
eventually none.

Anger Is Not Sin
The emotion of anger is not sin. However, it can impel us to
sinful behavior.


"Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your
heart on your bed, and be still (Psalms 4:4 NKJV).


Instead of trying to bury your anger, you need to recognize
that it is simply a warning signal telling you there is a problem
inside (a wound that just got poked). You need this
information so that you can "remove the splinter."

Instead of running from your anger, you should "meditate
within your heart" to find the root cause.


A Spiritual Solution
A splinter is a physical thing, and needs a physical solution -
take out the splinter with a pair of tweezers, and disinfect it so
it can heal.

A wound in the heart requires a spiritual "tool" to remove the
offense, so that healing can occur.

How?
The reason you have not succeeded in eliminating your anger
problem is that you haven't known exactly how you can
accomplish a change through Jesus Christ."

No comments: