Saturday, May 16, 2009

The normalcy of blowing off plans or being stood up in today's society is crazy. Everyone wants instant gratification and thinks that others need that, too. When you run into someone you haven't seen in a while it's normal to say "AW I miss you we need to hang out!" then never call. It has become so normal to say those words that in the moment when you see each other it would be "awkward" to not say that, even if you don't really feel that way. Sure, it happens and people actually do end up hanging out and catching up, but it goes either way.

People make plans and say "definitely" when in their minds they are thinking "if nothing better comes up". It's just disappointing. I am guilty of this, but I don't want to be anymore. It disgusts me about our culture. So does text messaging in front of friends or in the middle of a story. It's become so normal, but I don't want to be that person. I want to give you my full attention. Sure sometimes a text message is needed but I don't want to be that way anymore.

Ways to improve my life:
1. Be accountable- stick to plans, or stop saying definitely and start saying maybe.
2. Be attentive- don't let a text message interrupt conversation.


wassup! peace sucka free sundae

No comments: