Friday, July 18, 2008

Midnight Madness

Wow. Last night I was blown away by Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight. The movie was fun to watch with my family. I love my cousins and Happy Birthday Uncle Dave, Thomas and Andrew!!

My brother and my uncle share the same birthday and my cousin Andrew's is pretty close too, so to celebrate we went to P. F. Chang's for dinner; I'm definitely a fan. After our super late dinner we went to see The Dark Knight at 12:01am. I guess it's cool to see the movie at midnight first, before everyone, but really, I think I would have rather slept. The fact that I was up until 4 because of a movie that I could have just seen the next morning is lame. It really is no benefit to me that I saw it a few hours before sane people did. Also, I was so tired that I ditched my friend this morning and that's not cool on my part.

But really, what is the point of midnight movies? Why are so many people enthralled with being first, or discovering a band before everyone, or taking ownership of things because "I saw it first!" I don't like that, let's share.

No comments: