Sunday, July 6, 2008

really

I'm a huge fan of change, especially the change of physical things that don't even matter. I love when people are confident enough in themselves that when they have an idea in their head they act it out and follow through with it, no matter what people around them say. I love when someone is confident enough in their own thoughts and views that when someone tries to peer pressure them into something, they are just as confident saying "no thanks" the millionth time as much as they were the first time. I admire people who are confident saying no or telling someone the truth even when it means they might lose a friend because honestly, if you feel the need to lie to someone to keep their friendship, that is not a friend worth having.

I like following through with the ideas in my head. Sometimes I like following through with these ideas just to see who sticks around. For example, I cut my hair short and a lot of people acted differently toward me and a few people stopped talking to me. People who I saw as close friends just stopped interacting with me, and that is a huge reality check on how people will not always be there or be the person you think they are no matter how much you want them to be. I have the best friend anyone could ever ask for, an amazing family, and God loving me with all his heart. A few kids in high school who stop talking to me are not going to negatively affect me.

There are many people who did stick around though and more people I meet every day. The real friends don't care about the physical stuff, they only care about the soul.

Fitting into the mold of society is comfortable for a lot of people, but it gives me the most uncomfortable feeling I've ever felt. I would rather be myself and have only one good friend than be like everyone else and have a lot of fake friendships. I'm not saying I'm completely original or anything, but I just do what I like. Love me or hate me and all that blah blah blah.


Peeeeace SUCKA free Sunday

No comments: